Saturday, July 23, 2005

Supremely judicious ... I've been away all day at a conference held by Americans for Informed Democracy. Rather than assess the conference now, though, I feel like it might be wiser to let the memories settle and then offer some reflections in a day or two.

In the meantime, it just occurred to me that I haven't mentioned anything about the Roberts nomination.

Frankly, I don't have much to say except this: Roberts is probably the best political decision Bush has made all year. He hasn't publicly defended torture. He hasn't fulminated against the very existence of the U.N. He hasn't threatened Social Security or compromised the intelligence community. In fact, Roberts is -- much to the contrary -- about as squeaky clean as it gets.

So my hat's off to Bush on this one. He's found that rarest of commodities: a Washington insider with uncompromised integrity.

Senator Reid et al would be wise to continue hanging back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home